A little known fact is that batteries – regardless of type – require to be fully charged at all times to avoid sulfation. Sulfation reduces a battery’s efficiency and lifespan. A well-maintained battery lives longer, provides consistent power and prevents you from getting stranded.
WHAT DOES THE OPTIMATE 2 DO?
- Charges and delivers unsupervised long term maintenance to your 12V lead-acid (STD, AGM, GEL) starter or deep cycle battery.
- Interactive charge program is ideal for a battery that intermittently delivers power – Ideal for in-line battery use!
- Ideal for ECO friendly cars with start-stop technology – 100% safe for sensitive electronics.
- OptiMate’s 24-7 smart interactive maintenance prevents discharge from connected circuitry & guarantees more battery power, longer battery life!
- CHARGING AMPS: 0.8A (constant current)
- CHARGING VOLTS: nominal: 12V range: 2V – 14.4V
- OPERATION: Fully automatic
- STEPS: 4 — Low volt start –> Controlled charge –> Optimize –> Maintenance
- FEATURES: Senses the battery condition, recharges and then keeps the battery 100% ready. This will extend life and improves performance of a 12V battery.
- STYLE: Weatherproof case with wall mounts, with 6ft / 180cm AC supply lead and 6ft / 180cm charge lead ending in SAE connector.
- SAFE: No risk of overcharging. Totally safe for vehicle electronics. Sparks suppressed. Safe for long-term battery maintenance. Automatic shut-down if short-circuited or battery disconnected.
INCLUDED IN THE BOX
- OptiMate 2 smart charger.
- OptiMate O-01 cable.
- Optimate O-04 cable.
The O-01 cable allows it to be attached directly to the battery terminals on the bike, and plugs directly to the charger’s output cable via an SAE-81 connector. A weatherproof cap is included on the bike’s femal SAE-81 connector. A 15A fuse protects against short circuits.
The OptiMate range of smart battery chargers and maintainers are BC and TUV approved, and are endorsed by motorcycle, car and boat manufacturers such as Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha, Derbi, Gas Gas, among many others.